Dr. Alphonse is an enthusiastic pediatrician joining the excellent team of family physicians in Regent Park Medical Clinic, Regina, SK.
Dr. Alphonse works as a consultant pediatrician in the Regina General Hospital for more than a year (in-patient, high-acuity and emergency care), in addition to community practice. His special interests include:
- Care and follow up of preterm/term newborn babies
- Common acute/subacute childhood medical conditions with emphasis to post ER/hospital admission follow-up care
- Care of complex children with multiple chronic medical conditions
- Monitoring growth/development, nutrition and preventative care
- Childhood behavioral issues including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Care of indigenous & immigrant patient populations, culturally sensitive patients & families
Dr. Alphonse completed his pediatrics residency training in University of Alberta, Edmonton in July 2021. Prior to that, he has several years of clinical practice experience in India as a generalist. He has worked for almost a decade in basic/translational research and has a PhD in experimental medicine (Role of stem cells in lung development and regeneration) and has several high-impact publications to his credit. He shows special involvement in training medical students/residents and is the Pediatric Simulation Program Coordinator for the College of Medicine, Regina
Outside of work, Dr. Alphonse enjoys practising yoga, with particular interest in Tamil and indigenous spiritual practices. Loves reading and exploring new places.
Languages: English, Tamil & Hindi